As part of the 2021-2024 Strategic Initiatives, IAUP promotes the implementation of UN SDGs through the creation of innovative Business Models that have a positive impact on Universities and Communities around the world.
The International Association of University Presidents (IAUP) and CETYS University invite undergraduate students enrolled in a B.A. or a B.S. in IAUP member institutions to participate in the creation of business models that contribute to the fulfillment of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals set forth in the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Students can participate by generating an innovative business model that addresses unmet needs or problems arising in national or international contexts, with products or services that fulfill at least one objective of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development while considering national and international development policies.
Students must identify real markets and potential business segments, finding solutions to current and future problems in any of the following fields: environment, health, education, security, family, industry, business, commerce, or others.
All proposals must have global scalability.
1. Register your team.
Click here to register your team before March 28, 2022. Doing so will give you access to an exclusive Keynote Conference with Prof. Analia Lourdes Pastran, Co-chair of @urbancampaign @UNHabitat / Founder of Smartly Social Enterprise on the SDGs / Cabinet of the Ministry of Transport of Argentina. You may upload your project any date from November 30, 2022 to April 14, 2023. We recommend you do so after the Keynote Conference, as you may use said opportunity to fine-tune your project.
2. Attend the Keynote.
Registering for this competition gives you access to the Keynote with Prof. Analia Lourdes Pastran, Co-chair of @urbancampaign @UNHabitat / Founder of Smartly Social Enterprise on the SDGs / Cabinet of the Ministry of Transport of Argentina. Use this opportunity with an expert to fine-tune your project before upload.
3. Upload your Project.
Upload your presentation in PDF format and a link to your Video Pitch before April 30, 2023. Doing so will allow you to continue on to the evaluation. Please be sure to have completed your Registration before this step, otherwise your submission will be void.
4. Await Evaluation.
Your project will be evaluated by a team of international experts. Results will be stated on May 25, 2023 during the Awards Ceremony.
5. Join the Awards Ceremony.
Join the Awards Ceremony on May 25, 2023 where winners will be announced.
Students may choose one of the following categories for their project:
Projects and/or models aimed towards improving student life, employability, mobility, and activities, on and off campus. Products or services must be innovative, creative and disruptive.
Community Development Projects:
Projects that help to substantially improve the lives of people in their communities with the use of technology and innovation, creating products and services that are practical, competitive and that generate long-term sustainable development.
- Students must be enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program at an IAUP member university. Please note up to 3 projects may be submitted per university.
- Each team must have three to five students and a designated team leader.
- All projects must have a multidisciplinary approach using technical skills from different areas.
- The business model value proposition presented by each team must include a description of the project, maximum 1,000 words. It must follow the methodology established by the Business Model Canvas and must be uploaded to a Google Drive folder that will be created by CETYS University.
- Each proposal must include an administrator. The business plan must mention his or her functions within the project.
- Participants agree to an evaluation by a group of international experts.
- When and if necessary, students may request advice from academics for their project. The type of assistance or academic support received must be stated in the business model project.
- Participants must comply with the formats, procedures, methodologies and dates in the final deliverable and the overall process.
Note: Participants agree to publicize their company and their achievements as needed.
Business model submissions must include:
- Project registration (This registration does not replace the digital delivery of your PPT and Video, complying with the corresponding guidelines).
- Business Model (BMC 9 Quadrants - Clearly Identifying Value Proposition).
- Powerpoint presentation (10 slides).
- Video pitch (6 minutes maximum).
Note: The Presentation and Video pitch must be uploaded at: https://registro.cetys.mx/bmc/.
Personal information submitted by participants and generated during the evaluation process will be confidential, and will not be used for any purpose other than the evaluation, selection and processes of this call.
The project (s) that receive(s) the resources of the competition, will have to use such resources to improve its value proposition and business model in terms of the scope and level of the resources obtained. The winning team(s) agree(s) to share, in future editions or entrepreneurship forums, some of the experience or results obtained in this competition.
2022 IAUP International Business Model Student Competition Winners:
First Place: Chip Craftsman, from Hunan Normal University, China.
Second Place: World Academy for the Future of Women, from SIAS University, China.
Third Place: The Fantasy of Hunan Culture, from Hunan Normal University, China.
Show us your talent!
We want to hear your innovative, disruptive ideas to make universities and the world, in general, a better place.