We are pleased to invite all IAUP members and the academic community worldwide to celebrate with us our Semi-Annual meeting “Higher Education in 2065” to be held on May 20-25, 2015 at Oxford and Wroxton, United Kingdom. The IAUP 50th Anniversary meeting will be held in Oxford at Trinity College and Wroxton College (Farleigh Dickinson University, Oxfordshire.) This will be a conference of historical importance for IAUP. The co-hosts of this conference will be Farleigh Dickinson University and Kyung Hee University, two of our IAUP founding institutions. Other sponsors include ELS and Seoul Cyber University.
In 1965, a group of university vice chancellors, rectors, and presidents from around the world met in Oxford to establish the International Association of University Presidents (IAUP), which for the past fifty years has worked to promote peace and understanding through academic cooperation and engagement. Speakers at the inaugural event included historian Arnold Toynbee, statesman Adlai Stevenson, international educator Kenneth Holland, and financier Jean Paul Getty.
On 22-24 May 2015, the IAUP will return to Oxford and Wroxton to celebrate our 50th Anniversary, and look ahead to our next half century, with a conference at Trinity College titled, “Higher Education in 2065”. The conference will examine the political, economic, social, cultural, and technological trends that will shape the future of our work, as well as consider what higher education institutions must do today to prepare for a challenging future.
The general agenda for this important conference is as follows:
Friday 22 May
- Opening Reception at the Macdonald Randolph Hotel, Oxford
Saturday 23 May
- IAUP Business Meetings at Wroxton College, Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Networking Lunch at Wroxton College, Fairleigh Dickinson University
- 50th Anniversary Keynote and Commemoration at Wroxton College, Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Gala Dinner at Oxford’s Ashmolean Museum, sponsored by Fairleigh Dickinson University
Sunday 24 May
- Academic Conference: Higher Education in 2065, at Trinity College, Oxford University
- Academic Conference Keynote at Trinity College, Oxford University
- Networking Lunch at Trinity College, Oxford University
- Farwell Dinner at the Macdonald Randolph Hotel, sponsored by Kyung Hee University
Monday 25 May
For further information please visit http://www.fdu.edu/iaup50
If you plan to attend this meeting, we encourage you to register soon and also to make your hotel reservations, as availability of space and hotel rooms are limited and given on a first-come-first-served basis.